Friday, February 26, 2016

Kicking butt in the Disney Princess Half Marathon Weekend

Disney fanatic does not even begin to describe me.  I love Disney; anything and everything to do with Disney.  Disney World is my happy place.  Epcot is my passport to the world.  Animal Kingdom is my zoo.  Magic is palpable throughout Walt Disney World.  So it stands to be true that as a runner I would participate in every single Disney race (on the East coast).



Disney Hollywood Studios Osborne Lights




This past weekend I ran the Disney Enchanted 10k.  Last year I ran the Disney Princess Half Marathon.  I was looking forward to running a different type of race.  Enchanted 10k was one of the shortest races that I've run.  Dressed as the Little Mermaid (Ariel) I was ready to rock this race! Character stops, which are a big draw for Disney races, was a bit sparse due to the distance.  My only character stop was with Jiminy Cricket and Pinocchio. Genie dressed like Goofy, Luminere and Cogsworth from the Beauty and the Beast, Tinker Bell were the other character stops that I skipped.  Running through Epcot proved to be fun.  Not being able to run through Magic Kingdom was the one disappointment.  As a "Princess" orientated race, running through the castle in Magic Kingdom would have been perfect.  But alas we just ran though Epcot and the Boardwalk.


Sleeping Beauty Aurora (pre race)

Jiminy Cricket and Pinocchio

Lumiere and Cogsworth from Beauty and the Beast

Last but not least my post race picture...



No comments: